UTC READING – OPEN AS NORMAL – Wednesday 24th January
The local water supply issues appear to have been fixed so we are opening as normal on Wednesday 24th January for all year groups and staff.
Thank you for your support during the closure over the last 48 hours.
PARTIAL SCHOOL CLOSURE – Tuesday 23rd January 2024
UTC Reading will be open on Tuesday 23rd January for Year 11 (whole year) and for Year 12/13 examination students only.
All other students will be remote learning at home.
SCHOOL CLOSURE – Monday 22nd January 2024
We are experiencing issues with our water supply at UTC Reading, and therefore have had to make the decision to close the school from break time today (11am), Monday 22nd January, 2024.
Instructions for KS4 Students
- Students will go to Period 2 lesson 9:45am – 10:45am as usual
- Students will then go to tutor time at 10:45am, and will be dismissed tutor room by tutor room
- We need parental permission either via telephone or email to allow KS4 students to depart site from 10:45am
- All KS4 students will be set work via GCSE Pod
- Teachers will be available via MS Teams or email during their usual lesson slots
Please be aware that teachers also need to travel home so immediate assistance may not be available until after lunchtime.
For issues with GCSE Pod please contact Jennie Thomson directly email@example.com
Instructions for KS5 Students
- If students have not yet arrived at UTC Reading, they do not need to attend
- If students have arrived at UTC Reading, they can depart from 10:45am to make their own way home
- Students who are currently in the engineering Unit 6 exam will complete their exam and will leave at 11:45am.
NOTE: Any students that have external exams – these are still going ahead today onsite at UTC Reading.
All KS5 students will be set work via teams from their teachers, and teachers will be available via MS Teams or email during their usual lesson slots.
For more information please see the link from Thames Water RG1, RG30 | No water or low pressure | Thames Water
A decision will be made about whether the school can be reopened by 7:00am tomorrow (Tuesday 23rd January 2024) and we will inform you by parent mail. We will also be updating information on this webpage so please check back.
Thank you for your understanding.