Welcome to UTC Reading
UTC Reading is a University Technical College that delivers computer science and engineering excellence for 14-19 year olds within a 15 mile radius of the campus. We aim to educate and train the next generation of technicians, engineers and industrial innovators. Our vision is for our students...
What our students say
Take Five: Five questions answered by Heena, Year 12
Year 12 student Heena answers five questions about her experience of UTC Reading
Take Five video: Five questions answered by Sam, Year 13
Year 13 student Sam answers five questions about his experience of UTC Reading
Take Five: Five questions answered by Imashi, Year 13
Year 13 student Imashi answers five questions about her experience of UTC Reading
Take Five: Five questions answered by Sampath, Year 13
Year 13 student Sampath answers five questions about his experience of UTC Reading
Take Five: Five questions answered by Lotinha, Year 13
Year 13 student Lotinha answers five questions about her experience of UTC Reading
Take Five: Five questions answered by Simon, Year 13
Year 13 student Simon answers five questions about his experience of UTC Reading
Take Five: Five questions answered by Caitlin, Year 12
Year 12 student Caitlin answers five questions about her experience of UTC Reading
Take Five: Five questions answered by Kieron, Year 13
Year 13 student Kieron answers five questions about his experience of UTC Reading
Reon, Year 12
Reon has been at UTC Reading since Year 10 and hopes to get an engineering apprenticeship when he leaves after Year 13.
Emma Clarke, Year 13
Emma joined UTC Reading in Year 12 because she wanted to do the Engineering BTEC.
Karl Matthews, Year 13
Karl Matthews, Year 13 student at UTC Reading, was particularly attracted to the UTC because of the links with industry.
Sannah Ishteyaq, Year 10
Sannah joined UTC Reading at the beginning of Year 10, drawn to the specialism in engineering.
Robert Goodenough, Year 12
Robert Goodenough joined the UTC in Year 12, having been attracted to the facilities and specialisms in computing and engineering.
The staff at UTC Reading gave me confidence and encouraged me to do my best when I had a lot of doubts.
Studying at UTC Reading has given me a great personal learning journey and an amazing experience.
I will miss UTC Reading. They have a certain way of approaching learning and it suits me and many others looking for similar careers.
UTC Reading gave me the extra edge that companies are looking for.
Studying at UTC Reading gave me a brilliant hands-on experience as to what working will be like.
James Weeks, 18
I feel like I’m in a forward thinking environment, where we can try out new ideas and get involved in different projects.
Rebekah Kinchin, 14
I’m really enjoying my time at the UTC. I get to study subjects I love every day and use great technology.
Sophie Wooldridge, 17
I joined UTC Reading as I want to specialise in computer science. It also means I can get my A-levels in maths and physics.
Samkeliso Kimeinyi, 14
Alongside my normal classes, I’ve also been working towards professional Microsoft qualifications during independent learning time.
"Too many school and college leavers lack the abilities employers look for. UTCs give employers the chance to do something about it at the local level. We’re directly involved in UTC Reading designing the curriculum, choosing qualifications and delivering exciting projects which bring learning to life." Nigel Ward, Network Rail
Prudential: Partnership develops future talentRead More
John Lewis partnershipRead More
Internet of Things - Supporting Reading Year of CultureRead More
Risk-Taking and Problem-Solving Week - developing risk taking, building resilienceRead More
Cisco CareersRead More
Microsoft Global Showcase SchoolRead More
STEM - Children and the Chocolate FactoryRead More
Kier Consortium and UTC Reading secure CITB fundingRead More
- Welcome to the May edition of the UTC newsletter. Take a look at the range of exciting activities that have been taking place...
- Last week, UTC Reading hosted an informative and supportive evening for people with an interest in autism...
- On Monday 8 May we were delighted to welcome Kathie Bowden, who came to UTC Reading to deliver an inspiring talk on her career in STEM...
- On Monday 8 May, UTC Reading welcomed students from The Watford UTC and Easthamstead Park School to a joint revision session for GCSE comput...
- UTC Reading ran an exclusive event for prospective students wanting to specialise in computing at Cisco, one of our lead partners, on Tuesda...
- Examination SeasonTuesday 02nd May – Friday 30th June All Day
- Start of Term 6 at 8.30amMonday 05th June 8:30am – 8:30am
- Year 10 and Year 12 Mock WeekMonday 26th June – Friday 30th June All Day
- UCAS Day Year 12 studentsFriday 30th June All Day
- Work Experience WeekMonday 03rd July – Friday 07th July All Day