UTC Pipeline Programme
We are now in our second year of delivering the extra-curricular UTC Pipeline Programme, which does not focus on academic learning, but instead on preparing students for the world of work, providing them with a direct line of sight to a career with an industry partner. Every KS5 student will have the opportunity to team up with a Pipeline Partner when they begin with us in Year 12.
The benefits to our students is that it builds confidence, trust, rapport and relationships with a network of contacts within leading industry businesses. It gives them a clear line of sight to a career and it enables students to build the employability and technical skills needed to succeed in the workplace.
Benefits to employers:
- TTP (Time To Productivity) gain
- Reduced cost of recruitment – captive audience with expressed interest in your organisation
- Develop insight into students’ strengths, weaknesses, capabilities, team dynamics, and aspirations
- Rewarding and tangible CPD for staff in a structured environment
Benefits to students:
- Build trust, rapport and relationships with a network of contacts
- Clear expectations on what is needed to secure a L3/L4/degree apprenticeship or graduate career
- Structured development programme that enables students to build employability skills
- Building confidence in teams that can continue into the employer’s work place