- For industry partners»
- Professional institutions»
- The Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET)»
The Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET)
The IET is one of the world’s largest engineering institutions with over 168,000 members in 150 countries. It is also the most multidisciplinary – to reflect the increasingly diverse nature of engineering in the 21st century. The IET is working to engineer a better world by inspiring, informing and influencing our members, engineers and technicians, and all those who are touched by, or touch, the work of engineers.
The work of the IET covers many different areas:
- Resources: As a trusted source of Essential Engineering Intelligence®, the IET provides a range of world-renowned publications and information services. To find out more visit: http://www.theiet.org/resources/index.cfm
- Teaching resources: Teaching resources for schools and colleges including classroom resources, posters, magazines and project funding. To find out more visit: http://www.theiet.org/resources/teachers/index.cfm
- Policy and Media: Providing professional advice to Parliament, Government, the European Union and other agencies within the Institution's areas of expertise. To find out more visit: http://www.theiet.org/policy/index.cfm
- Awards and scholarships: Awards to reward and celebrate individual excellence and innovation, undergraduate and postgraduate engineering scholarships. To find out more visit: http://www.theiet.org/membership/awards/index.cfm
- International network: Internationally recognised the IET provides a single point of contact for engineering and technology professionals.As globalisation has taken place, engineers are now part of worldwide industry and the demand from beyond the UK for professional registration, accreditation, and knowledge has increased dramatically. The IET has offices in the global regions highlighted in the map below and members in 150 countries. To find out more visit: http://www.theiet.org/about/international/index.cfm
The IET is a sponsor of two enrichment programmes at UTC Reading, IET Arduino Big Hack and the IET Arduino Hack Off as well as supporting the series of IET Women in STEM Talks.
If you would like to find out more about the IET, including about membership, visit their comprehensive website.