Information Systems Security Association (ISSA)
The Information Systems Security Association (ISSA)® is a not-for-profit, international organisation of information security professionals and practitioners. It provides educational forums, publications, and peer interaction opportunities that enhance the knowledge, skill, and professional growth of its members. ISSA is the community of choice for international cybersecurity professionals dedicated to advancing individual growth, managing technology risk and protecting critical information and infrastructure.
The ISSA’s main activity includes:
- Organising and providing international conferences, local chapter meetings and seminar that offer educational programmes, training and valuable networking opportunities.
- Providing access to information through the ISSA Website as well as online E-Newsletters and in the monthly ISSA Journal.
- Offering members opportunity to earn CPE credits by attending chapter meetings, ISSA Web Conferences, subscribing to the ISSA Journal or serving as a chapter or international council leader.
- Arranging volunteer opportunities for members by joining committees, which provide leadership opportunities in the security industry.
- Enhancing professional stature of its members and advancing the profession by enabling members to share their expertise as an event speaker or contributor to the ISSA Journal.
The core purpose of the ISSA is to promote a secure digital world. If you are interested in getting involved visit their website to find out more, including about membership.