Employer information and resources
UTC Reading’s connection with the Business Community is the foundation of our vision. Students at UTC Reading learn by following a curriculum based on solving relevant and challenging real-life industrial and community problems. This groundwork will enable them to become creative contributors on whom our businesses and public services can rely for shaping and driving the future of our society. In order to ensure that we are successful in this endeavour we need to draw on the expertise and resources of our industry partners, not only building and continuously refreshing the curriculum with their guidance and input, but by offering super -and extra-curricular activities that further enhance their skills and interest.
We are seeking industry partners who can help us to make our vision a reality.
There are many ways in which you could get involved:
- Deliver a KS4 Project Day as part of the Experience Programme
- Be apart of the KS5 Pipeline Programme, developing talent into your business
- Support an Enrichment Programme within the UTC
- Work with teachers to deliver curriculum-based projects
- Offer work-place visits for students to gain an insight into your company
- Hold career talks to highlight opportunities in your industry
- Attend a Careers Fair to promote opportunities at your company
- Offer work experience to UTC Reading students
Please have a look at our Careers Programme for further opportunities to get involved.
If you are interested in supporting UTC Reading students, then please email either Michael Halliday, Head of Employer Engagement Strategy (ALET) on Michael.Halliday@alet.org.uk or Stephanie Mitchell, Executive Director of Careers & Destinations (UTCR) on firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how you could get involved.
Careers & Enterprise Company Get Involved
Education & Employers Working Together for Young People