Industry partners prepare students for next steps
During half term, nine industry partners came to UTC Reading to run a Skills Training Week for post 16 students.
The five training days were delivered by a range of engineering and computing specialists, with the aim of helping students to prepare for their next steps after leaving the UTC.
The week offered students the opportunity to hone their employability skills and consisted of the following sessions:
- CV Development Workshops, devlivered by Prudential and Activate Apprenticeships
- Interview Skills Workshops, delivered by QA Apprenticeships and PBA
- Problem Solving and Team Building Workshop, delivered by Royal Signals (Army)
- Presenting Value: How to sell yourself, delivered by Fujitsu and ChangeWave
- Agile App Development Day, delivered by Sky
- Practising Interview with Executives, delivered by Thames Water
We would like to thank all of the partners who committed time and fantastic resources, ensuring that our students were offered the best advice on preparation for upcoming applications and interviews possible. Well done to all of our students who took part and gave up their half term to take advantage of the opportunity.