L2 Business & Enterprise
What does this qualification cover?
This qualification is designed for learners who want an introduction to business and enterprise that includes a vocational and project-based element. The qualification will appeal to learners who wish to pursue a career in the business and enterprise sector or progress to further study.
This Level 1/2 qualification is appropriate for learners who are looking to develop a significant core of knowledge and understanding in business and enterprise and how to apply their learning.
It is distinct from GCSE Business Studies, as it encourages the learner to use knowledge and practical enterprise tools to prepare them for business. They will develop significant personal and vocational business skills that can be transferred to further study or employment.
The study of business and enterprise involves understanding key business and enterprise areas such as, legal structures, marketing, market research, operations management, resource planning, human resources, funding, finance and business and enterprise planning. The qualification focuses on an applied study of the business and enterprise sector and learners will gain a broad understanding and knowledge of working in the sector.
This qualification shows learners how to:
- understand entrepreneurial characteristics and business aims and objectives
- legal structures, organisational structures and stakeholder engagement
- understand the marketing mix, market research, market types and orientation types
- understand operations management
- understand internal and external influences on business
- understand research, resource planning and growth for business
- understand human resource requirements for a business start-up
- understand sources of enterprise funding and business finance
- understand business and enterprise planning.
Links to workplace
As students progress into the working world, they will either be working for a business or might be running their own. This Business and enterprise qualifications brings in learning from maths, English, computing and engineering and teaches the core foundation topics that are important the world of business and enterprise. In particular, the second module will enable the students to understand business planning, including research, resource planning and growth. Learners will develop knowledge of human resources and finance and how they support business and enterprise planning