Welcome to UTC Reading
UTC Reading is a University Technical College that delivers computer science and engineering excellence for 14-19 year olds within a 15 mile radius of the campus. We aim to educate and train the next generation of tec...
What our students say
Karl Matthews, Year 13
Karl Matthews, Year 13 student at UTC Reading, was particularly attracted to the UTC because of the links with industry.
Sannah Ishteyaq, Year 10
Sannah joined UTC Reading at the beginning of Year 10, drawn to the specialism in engineering.
Robert Goodenough, Year 12
Robert Goodenough joined the UTC in Year 12, having been attracted to the facilities and specialisms in computing and engineering.
The staff at UTC Reading gave me confidence and encouraged me to do my best when I had a lot of doubts.
Studying at UTC Reading has given me a great personal learning journey and an amazing experience.
I will miss UTC Reading. They have a certain way of approaching learning and it suits me and many others looking for similar careers.
UTC Reading gave me the extra edge that companies are looking for.
Studying at UTC Reading gave me a brilliant hands-on experience as to what working will be like.
James Weeks, 18
I feel like I’m in a forward thinking environment, where we can try out new ideas and get involved in different projects.
Rebekah Kinchin, 14
I’m really enjoying my time at the UTC. I get to study subjects I love every day and use great technology.
Sophie Wooldridge, 17
I joined UTC Reading as I want to specialise in computer science. It also means I can get my A-levels in maths and physics.
Samkeliso Kimeinyi, 14
Alongside my normal classes, I’ve also been working towards professional Microsoft qualifications during independent learning time.
"Too many school and college leavers lack the abilities employers look for. UTCs give employers the chance to do something about it at the local level. We’re directly involved in UTC Reading designing the curriculum, choosing qualifications and delivering exciting projects which bring learning to life." Nigel Ward, Network Rail
- On Wednesday 5 October, a group of our computing students went to this year’s IP EXPO in the Excel Centre in London...
- On 30 September, Year 13 student Samkeliso Kimbinyi accompanied Principal Joanne Harper to The Windsor Debates...
- Welcome to the October edition of the UTC newsletter. Take a look at the range of exciting activities that have been taking place...
- We were delighted to welcome local students and their parents to our first open event of the year on Tuesday (4 October...
- George Osborne, Year 13 UTC Reading student, was amongst a group of computer scientists attending a Cyber Security Challenge event in London...