Welcome to UTC Reading
UTC Reading is a University Technical College that delivers computer science and engineering excellence for 14-19 year olds within a 15 mile radius of the campus. We aim to educate and train the next generation of tec...
What our students say
The staff at UTC Reading gave me confidence and encouraged me to do my best when I had a lot of doubts.
Studying at UTC Reading has given me a great personal learning journey and an amazing experience.
I will miss UTC Reading. They have a certain way of approaching learning and it suits me and many others looking for similar careers.
UTC Reading gave me the extra edge that companies are looking for.
Studying at UTC Reading gave me a brilliant hands-on experience as to what working will be like.
James Weeks, 18
I feel like I’m in a forward thinking environment, where we can try out new ideas and get involved in different projects.
Rebekah Kinchin, 14
I’m really enjoying my time at the UTC. I get to study subjects I love every day and use great technology.
Sophie Wooldridge, 17
I joined UTC Reading as I want to specialise in computer science. It also means I can get my A-levels in maths and physics.
Samkeliso Kimeinyi, 14
Alongside my normal classes, I’ve also been working towards professional Microsoft qualifications during independent learning time.
"Too many school and college leavers lack the abilities employers look for. UTCs give employers the chance to do something about it at the local level. We’re directly involved in UTC Reading designing the curriculum, choosing qualifications and delivering exciting projects which bring learning to life." Nigel Ward, Network Rail
- GCSE students at UTC Reading were already looking ahead to their future careers as they collected their results today (25 August). The sc...
- For a second year running, sixth form students from UTC Reading have achieved remarkable results after picking up their BTEC and A-level gra...
- Welcome to the July edition of the UTC newsletter. Take a look at the range of exciting activities that have been taking place throughout th...
- On Wednesday 6 July, UTC Reading welcomed a group of air engineering instructors from the Royal Navy...
- A small group of Year 12 students have been chosen to take part in an innovative work experience project at the UTC...